Comic for February 3rd, 2012
02/03/2012
February 3rd, 2012

My mother once announced to a room full of people that my wife and I were going to have four children.  This was news to us.

Discussion (17)¬

1. Mark says:

Ummm… if they wanted grandchildren, why on earth did they get Johnny a robot wife?

2. BrickVoid says:

This sounds like the sort of discussion some families should have earlier rather than later! It also sounds like it was ripped off of some comedy sitcom like Friends, Malcom in the Middle, or whatever show it was originally aired on! :D

3. citroenboom says:

And, how many children do you already have?

• lassombra says:

That’s a really good question. For some reason, I thought he had only recently gotten married, but then thought about it and realized that it’s been almost 5 years!

• DrLegostar says:

We don’t have any children yet.

• Lady Blanc says:

Well, why are you making your parents wait like that? You better get going if you’re going to give them four grandchildren, you know!

Kidding, kidding! But did you really think it through before introducing this particular subject in your comic? It opens to up to all sorts of potential harassment. Do your parent *read* this webcomic?

• DrLegostar says:

My mother has been reading this storyline since it was pointed out to her by my cousin and a friend of ours. The point is this is me poking fun at them. She is aware of this.

4. T. Gatto says:

Hi Dr. Legostar’s Mom (if indeed you are reading this)! :)

5. Hogan says:

I think it’s somewhere in the “Parent’s Handbook” that parents NEEDS to be nosey about their offspring bringing grandchildren to the world… I think they look forward to the revenge… :p

6. Cosmas says:

Of course, why stop at 4? 5 or 6 would be nice too… maybe even 7…

7. Damien says:

Remember if said Grandmother offers to buy your child a drum set or really noisy toy, reply like my wife did to her mother with “That’s a fabulous idea, I could keep it at your house and they could play with it whenever they visit you.”

8. Tobias_Marco says:

My parents had 5 children, they now have 4 grandchildren. None from me yet.

Comment¬