Comic for November 11th, 2012
11/11/2012
November 11th, 2012

Kal’kahn Denobi, Elo’da Denobi, Gan’dry Denobi

It’s all blue because Kal’kahn’s quarters are filled with water.

Discussion (16)¬

1. BrickVoid says:

I guess the ability to talk underwater wasn’t something he wanted to put on his resume! :D

2. cfds says:

I am quite sure that some insects see the near UV, so there are probably many flowers that reflect light at this wavelength. And to get infrared flowers they just have to heat them :D.

• WJS says:

I don’t know about the UV end of the spectrum, but if you’ve ever seen a picture taken with a near-IR night-sight, you’ll know that foliage reflects IR way better than most things. Modern soldiers’ uniforms are actually doped with an IR reflective chemical to help them blend in.

3. hkmaly says:

I agree that geting UV flowers shouldn’t be so hard. See here for example: http://www.naturfotograf.com/UV_flowers_list.html

4. Nebulous says:

Some types of flowers produce their own heat.
    Generally they’re the pungent types that attract carrion beetles and flies to pollinate them.

5. Richard says:

I’m glad that standard Alliance technology is waterproof!

6. Eeraschyyr says:

I’m curious. Does this mean the entry to his quarters is a hatch to the floor above? Or an airlock? Because I can see flooding issues otherwise.

• brickmack says:

Probably kept empty until he goes in, and then quickly fill/empty it as needed to enter or leave. Draining ability would be needed anyway, since he has a couch (presumably for visitors) and I doubt anybody is going to take the time to put on a swim suit just to talk to him.

• BrickVoid says:

Actually, since the Muffin is known to have force fields, I think they would just use one of those on his doorway with a door that’s designed to operate with large volumes of water pressing outwards on it in case of force field failure. ;)

• silverblob5 says:

I do wonder why he has what appears to be a fireplace, though. Or maybe I’m just tired and that’s something else.

• BrokenEye, the True False Prophet says:

But if the forcefield is designed to prevent water from passing through, what happens when a human (which, if you remember, are approximately 70% water) walks through.

I say “human” because I don’t know the biological chemistry of any other species on the ship ever.

7. BrokenEye, the True False Prophet says:

Pretty sure there are actually a lot of flowers in those colours, since insects see those colours and flowers try to attract insects. However, I think those colours might clash pretty badly

8. jamwa says:

pretty sure that is supposed to be a food replictor on the wall not a fireplace.

9. Michaela says:

I don’t see what’s so difficult getting flowers in ultraviolet. Most flowers have a shade or two in that spectrum.

also, didn’t she know how much infrared and ultraviolet would clash?! Ugh!!

Comment¬